Sustainability is integrated with Westfield Corporation's core business activities.
The 2016 Sustainability report is now available here
The aim of sustainable business practice is to operate safely, more efficiently, use energy more wisely, produce less waste, engage with the community, and build and redevelop shopping centres that make the most of new technology and new design techniques.
The board and senior management have made sustainability a priority, seeking to incorporate its principles into Westfield’s culture and operations.
In many cases, sustainable development simply means extending current environmental practices where Westfield has a strong record of achievement, such as water and waste management. In other areas it involves the introduction of new processes, which enable Westfield to better measure and reduce the environmental impact of our business.
Westfield’s sustainability objectives involve direct engagement with staff and the communities they live and work in. Westfield encourages its staff to engage with retailers, investors, local communities and other external partners as part of its overall sustainability approach.
The health, welfare and safety of staff is a priority and Westfield strives to maintain its excellent safety record worldwide. Westfield reviews its health and safety policies regularly and uses a rigorous compliance program so that staff members are aware of laws, regulations and codes of practice in their respective countries.
Please find the sustainability reports from Westfield Corporation and previous Westfield Group reports that include Westfield Corporation assets:
- Click here for the 2016 Sustainability Report
- Click here for the 2015 Sustainability Report
- Click here for the 2014 Sustainability Report
- Click here for the 2013 Sustainability Report
- Click here for the 2012 Sustainability Report
- Click here for the 2011 Sustainability Report
- Click here to view Westfield's 2012 submission to the Australian Government's Energy Efficiency Opportunity
- Click here to view Westfield's 2013 submission to the Australian Government's Energy Efficiency Opportunity
- Click here to review Westfield's submission to the Carbon Disclosure Project
- Click here to review Westfield's 2013 submission to the Workplace Gender Equality Agency