Westfield, American Airlines celebrate International Shoppes success at JFK Terminal 8
More than a dozen new high-end brands joined the luxury lineup at JFK Terminal 8 last year, and they took center stage June 14 for an experiential event featuring live demonstrations and activations from many of the terminal’s A-list brands.
Airport partners from International Shoppes, American Airlines, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and Westfield celebrated the success of the new shops, which are enhancing the travel journey for domestic and international travelers.
Unique activations captivated guests, travelers and passersby at Terminal 8 last week. A professional tie knotter provided easy-to-follow tutorials at Hugo Boss while handwriting experts analyzed guests’ signatures to reveal interesting personality traits inside Montblanc. Floral designers at Salvatore Ferragamo also created one-of-a-kind purses made completely out of flowers.
“Our travelers expect the very best from us every time they travel,” said Mike McKanna, Managing Director, American Airlines.
“Westfield and International Shoppes have brought an entirely new shopping experience that really caters to our modern, sophisticated customers and they’re loving it.”
International Shoppes and Westfield partnered to redevelop nearly 10,000 square feet of space post-security. That includes five specialty stand-alone boutiques ranging from Salvatore Ferragamo and Bulgari to luxury breakout beauty brands such as Dior and Chanel that feed into the center of a new 5,594 sqft Duty Free store.
“Our roots are in luxury and we are always looking to create the next level of retail excitement,” said Matthew Greenbaum, Vice President, International Shoppes.
“With Westfield and American Airlines we’ve redeveloped the whole retail landscape and almost doubled our footprint in Terminal 8. Consumers are really responding to the world-class brands.”
“The results are spectacular! Terminal 8 continues to enhance its retail line up, offering new and diverse products while delivering exceptional service levels,” said Dominic Lowe, Executive Vice President, Westfield Airports.
“International Shoppes has brought some of the style, glamor and fashion of New York to the American Airlines passengers.”
The new collection features:
- Bulgari – A beautiful selection of time pieces, fine jewelry, leather goods and accessories.
- Duty Free – Featuring a full selection of the most desirable brands in beauty, liquor, tobacco, sunglasses and confections from Chanel, Clinique, Dior, Jo Malone, Kiehl’s, La Mer, Lancôme, L’Occitane, MAC, and the Estee Lauder Group.
- Hugo Boss - A men’s boutique, with a collection of suits, ties, watches, accessories, jackets and more.
- Michael Kors - New York City-based American sportswear fashion brand, this shop features an assortment of handbags, accessories, watches and sunglasses.
- Montblanc and Tag Heuer - This high-end retail outlet features the best watches, writing instruments, jewelry, leather goods and accessories from two timeless brands.
- Salvatore Ferragamo - An Italian luxury goods boutique, specializing in shoes, leather goods, scarves, ties and ready-to-wear for men and women.