Westfield partners with Snapchat
In the US, Westfield has partnered with Snap Inc, creator of Snapchat, to sell their widely popular video recording sunglasses, Spectacles, at seven Westfield centres from June to December 2017.
Customers are able to buy Snapchat’s Spectacles from a “Snapbot” – a bright yellow vending machine – where they can virtually try on the glasses before purchasing.
Snap’s Spectacles have an embedded camera that can record 10 – 30 second video clips which transfer directly to your phone for posting on Snapchat or saving to your camera roll. The case also acts as a charger for the glasses.
The Snapbots, which have been placed in iconic places around the world such as the Eiffel Tower, the London Eye and the Grand Canyon will be at the following Westfield centres:
- Westfield UTC (San Diego, CA) from 22 June
- Westfield Garden State Plaza (Paramus, NJ) from 28 June
- Westfield San Francisco Centre (San Francisco, CA) from 29 June
- Westfield Southcenter (Seattle, WA) from 8 July
- Westfield Valley Fair (Silicon Valley, CA ) from 21 July
- Westfield World Trade Center (New York, NY) from 24 July
- Westfield at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) from 1 August
Photo credits: Snap Inc.